No Bake Fruity Vegan Coconut Ice Squares
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 9 –10 oz vegan condensed milk (see recipe and other substitutes in notes)
- 1/4 cup apricot jam (for color)
- handful of freeze dried berries (for color)
- optional 1 tsp Vanilla or raspberry extract
- Optional fresh fruit topping
- First, line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. You might want to grease the pan first so the paper sticks to sides.
- Next make sure your freeze dried fruit and/or fresh fruit are all blended up. You will be using them for color and a bit of fruity flavor.
- Divide your powdered sugar between two mixing bowls and then mix in half of the shredded coconut into each.
- Next divide your vegan condensed milk half. Add half (or about 1/2 c) to the coconut and powdered sugar mix. I would add vegan milk a little a time so it’s not too runny.
- Press that mixture into the bottom of the pan so it’s nice and even. It should be white or cream colored.
- Next combine your apricot jam, strawberries, and any extracts to your other coconut and powdered sugar mix. Slowly add in the other half of your vegan condensed milk.
- This should look orangish reddish now.
- Spread that on top of your bottom white coconut mix. Make sure it’s even and layered.
- Add any additional fruit topping or freeze fried fruit crumbles.
- Place in freezer or fridge for a few hours.
- Remove and take out parchment paper from pan.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in fridge for best results.
- if you are using real condensed milk then you will not need to store in fridge
For vegan condensed milk bring 10oz coconut milk and agave or maple syrup to a light boil. Reduce and simmer for 40 minutes until thick sauce is formed. Simmer 1 hour total if you want even thicker “milk” like texture. Similar to my vegan caramel sauce
Note for non vegans you can use regular condensed milk too if you’d like. it’s still gluten free and dye free.
Notes to reduce sugar You can use Serve sugar free powdered sugar
- Prep Time: 20 min