No Bake Apricot Oat Protein Bars are the perfect nutritious wholesome snack! Sweet, salty, chewy, and nutrient dense! Nut free, vegan, and gluten free.
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1 cup dried Turkish Apricots (+ extra chopped for topping)
- pinch of sea salt
- hot water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (vegan)
- optional toppings – 1/4 cup Optional melting Dark Chocolate (vegan/gluten free)
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Blend together your pumpkin seed, gluten free oats, and flaxseed. Blend (in blender or food processor) until a “mealy” batter is formed.
- Place batter in bowl.
- Next blend/pulse your apricots until finely chopped/diced. Combine with oat/seed blend. Mix in your protein powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine your maple syrup or honey, 1/3 cup of hot water, and vanilla extract. Stir all together and add to your dry ingredients (the apricot/oat/protein mix).
- Mix well with hands then press into a baking dish. Sprinkle extra chopped apricots and oats on top. If you want to add vegan chocolate (dark chocolate) do so here. Just heat vegan chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds, stir, then drizzle on top of bars.
- Let bars cool in fridge to set. Around 30 minutes. See notes on batter texture.
- Once batter is set, you can cut into 10 squares.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Estimated Nutrition shown below is per bar, without melted chocolate topping.
- If the batter gets too thick, just add more hot water or even a little honey/maple syrup. If it’s too wet, add more ground oats or coconut flour.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 12.9g
- Sodium: 48.5mg
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 23.8g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: protein bars, no bake, nut free, vegan, gluten free