Melon mango avocado salad is a healthy fruit salad with a light melon dressing. Make this easy recipe for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. Vegan friendly, with no refined sugar!
- 1.5 to 2 heads of red lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups of spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cantaloupe or other melon (papaya may be substituted) – chop the fruit and reserve the seeds for the dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mango (1 small mango)
- Lime or Lemon slices to garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh melon seeds (or papaya if you are substituting for melon)
- 1 tsp honey (optional) -Omit for vegan
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Put all salad ingredients into a salad bowl
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender, adding seeds last. Blend or process on high for a minute, or until the dressing is creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad (I don’t use all the dressing). Can refrigerate any leftover dressing up to 3 days.
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups with dressing
Keywords: mango avocado salad, melon dressing, healthy fruit salad