Made with simple ingredients and ready in minutes, this Massaged Kale Salad with Blueberries is full of flavor and nutrients for an easy blueberry salad you’ll love! Vegan Option.
- 2 bunches kale (Red, Tuscan, or Curly), rinsed
- 1+ Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2+ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Optional 3–4 Tablespoons unsweetened dried cherries or cranberries (*See notes)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or roasted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup chopped spring veggies (zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, or celery, etc.)
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: 1 fresh mint sprig + sliced lemon
- Strip the washed kale leaves from the stems, and chop them into small pieces.
- Place the chopped leaves into a large bowl with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt, and lemon juice. Using two hands, massage the kale until it is soft and tender. About 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and toss.
- Garnish with mint and lemon, if desired.
Storage – Once prepared, this recipe will stay fresh in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days.
*To make this salad refined sugar-free, be sure to look for unsweetened dried cherries/cranberries, if using.
Skip feta for dairy free/vegan option or use plant based cheese, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Salad
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 182.3 mg
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 16.7 mg
Keywords: salad, kale, vegetarian, kale salad, blueberries,