Maple Tahini Low Carb Brownies are made with healthy substitutes for butter, sugar, and carbs, so it’s a healthier brownie recipe!
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 2 eggs (room temp is best)
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch or coconut flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c xylitol sugar or other sugar substitute (see notes)
- pinch of Cinnamon
- 1/3 c tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips (to melt)
- optional chopped nuts to top
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line a square 8×8 baking pan, with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, blend together your avocado, eggs, cocoa. This will create a fudge like texture.
- Next add in your flours and sugar blend or mix again until batter is smooth. use a spatula to scrape down the mix and mix again if needed. Just be sure not to over mix or the batter they will not be fudgy.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Next mix in your vanilla, baking soda, salt, and pinch of cinnamon.
- Pour batter into baking pan and smooth out to edges.
- In another small bowl, melt your dark chocolate chips, either by stove top or in microwave.
- Mix in your maple syrup and tahini and gently swirl together.
- Spread this on top of the brownie batter. Optional nuts to top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center comes out clean with tooth pick
- remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on counter then 5 minutes in fridge to set.
- Slice and serve. Freeze or keep in fridge for best storage.
- Feel free to use raw sugar, coconut palm sugar, or date sugar instead of xylitol. Calories and carb count will vary.
- If you are baking at altitude, check brownies at 22 -25 minutes. Oven times vary.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownies, low carb, sugar free, healthy, tahini, gluten free, dairy free