Maple mustard poppy seed baked cod – Super simple maple mustard poppy seed sauce that is the perfect pair with baked cod! A Quick, Healthy, Paleo friendly meal. Not to mention delicious!
- 2 to 3 pieces of 4 oz alaskan cod
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard or stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic powder (not salt)
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (honey works too if you are out of maple syrup)
- 1 tsp poppy seed
- 1/ 4 tsp each sea salt/black pepper
- 1/4 c Chopped onion (white or green)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp or half a lemon juiced)
- Clean 3 pieces of 4-6oz cod/other white fish .
- Mix the mustard, garlic, mustard powder, olive oil, maple syrup, poppyseed, and salt/pepper together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the poppyseed mustard sauce on top of each fillet. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the chopped onion over the fish (evenly)
- Place fish on a baking dish or in a pan. Roast at 400F for 10-12 minutes. 15 minutes if using salmon.
- Remove and squeeze lemon juice on top (just a little onto each fillet).
- Or you can cut a thin slice of lemon to place on top of fish before serving.
- Add more pepper/sea salt to taste if desired.
Optional – if you want it more TANGY than sweet, add in 1/2 tsp white distilled vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fish, cod, baking, paleo, dairy free,