This Vegan Maple Almond Earl Grey Tea Cake is lightly sweet and simple. A gluten free buttery cake loaf infused with Earl Grey tea and a hint of cardamom! Gluten free and vegan
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 to 3 Earl Grey tea bags (the more tea bags, the stronger the flavor)
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour (We use Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 GF Flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar see notes for lower sugar option
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (extra for topping)
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed or chopped almond (extra for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×3 loaf pan with parchment paper or grease thoroughly.
- Steep 2 Earl Grey Tea Bags in 1 cup hot coconut or almond milk. Steep so it’s extra concentrated. Set aside.
- Sift flour and coconut sugar together into a large bowl. Add in the the remaining dry ingredients: baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients, one at a time, to the dry mix, starting with tea infused milk, then coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and vinegar. Gently mix together.
- Lastly, fold in 1/4 cup crushed almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Add remaining crushed almonds on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Check at 30 minutes for progress. Depending on your oven, it could take up to 55 minutes to bake. If the bread starts to brown around edges, but is still not cooked through, cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool completely.
- Drizzle extra maple syrup on top and optional powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve. If you’re not serving right away, wrap in foil or keep in airtight container until ready to serve. Freezes well.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 15.8g
- Sodium: 206.2mg
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 37.2g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Earl Grey tea cake, gluten free loaf cake, gluten free desserts, vegan cake, vegan desserts