This baked maple mustard salmon cooks in ONE pan in 15 minutes, using just 5 ingredients! By the second time you make it you’ll have the recipe memorized.
- 1 pound skin-on salmon fillet, wild caught if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Using aluminum foil or parchment paper, line a glass or ceramic baking dish large enough to hold the salmon, and lightly coat the foil with nonstick spray. Place the salmon in the center. With a paper towel, pat it dry, then sprinkle the salt over the top.
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, and mustard. Pour over the salmon. With a pastry brush or your ﬁngers, lightly rub the mixture over the top of the salmon so that the surface is nicely coated. Let the salmon stand at room temperature for 10 minutes while the oven continues to preheat.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through and ﬂakes easily at the thickest part. The cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon. Estimate 8 to 12 minutes for a thinner ﬁllet (½ to ¾ inch at the thickest part), 13 to 19 minutes for a thicker ﬁllet (1 inch to 1½ inches at the thickest part), or 20 to 22 minutes for a very thick ﬁllet (1¾ to 2 inches at the thickest part). You can also use an instant- read thermometer to test for doneness, removing the salmon when it reaches 145 degrees F at the thickest part. Slice crosswise into individual servings. Enjoy immediately.
- Because fish easily dries out when reheated, I like to use my leftovers in ways that the salmon can be enjoyed cold or at room temperature. Try serving it over a salad or adding it to an omelet with goat cheese and dill. Or for something fancy, flake the leftovers over avocado toast and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes.
Recipe credit: This recipe is from The Well Plated Cookbook, by Erin Clarke. Sharing with permission from the cookbook’s author and publisher.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 ounces
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 412.1 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 33.7 g
- Cholesterol: 77.2 mg
Keywords: maple mustard salmon, baked salmon, baked fish, healthy fish recipe, gluten free, low carb