Light Citrus Paloma Cocktail Recipe with Orange
- 1 -2 large Oranges (Juiced) or 4 ounces fresh juice.- Preferably cold
- Lemon or lime – Splash of juice plus extra for lining the rim of glasses with salt (if desired).
- Coarse sea salt or margarita for garnishing rim glass
- Chilled 10 to 14 oz sparkling citrus/flavored water or low cal soda (Like La Croix or Bai Bubbles grapefruit that’s sugar free). See notes.
- 2- 3.5 ounces tequila blanco/silver
- 1 -2 tbsp or more agave nectar (light)- Adjust to your liking.
- Optional Ice
- Lemon (or other citrus fruit) slices to garnish
- orange peel to garnish and/or fresh edible flowers to garnish
- In a large container or bowl, juice your orange and lemon or lime juice.
- Stir in 1 tbsp or less of agave to each glass and tequila. Stir and Set aside.
- Take the sliced/cut lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it. Then dip each glass in the coarse salt (if desired). Alternatively, you can also just add a splash of salt to the drink if you prefer not to dip the rim in salt.
- Next Pour the juice evenly into the 2 glasses (with or without ice if you prefer)
- Top each glass with Add 5-7 ounces of sparkling flavored water or low cal soda into each glass. (10-14 ounces total)
- Garnish with a spritz of lemon juice and then garnish with a pinch of orange peel and/or herbs, flowers for festive look!
- Low Sugar Sparkling water or grapefruit soda options – La Croix, Bai Bubbles, or Izze Sparkling grapefruit are all naturally sweetened with no added sugar.
This is easy to make into 3 smaller glasses for serving. Or double! Adjust tequila/agave sweetener to your liking
- If you are using a sparkling water versus a low cal soda, then you might need to adjust the agave to sweeten to your liking. The low cal soda will be more sweet, so less agave is needed.
Keywords: cocktail, mexican, light, low sugar, sugar free, drink, paloma, holiday drink