Make this easy gluten-free lemon zucchini bread with a handful of simple ingredients for a dairy-free, refined sugar-free quick bread everyone will love!
- 1 cup grated zucchini (see notes)
- 3 cups (335-340 grams) blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30-35 grams) gluten free oat flour (see notes for substitute)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup maple syrup or agave, adjust for desired sweetness
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lemon juice + 1 Tablespoon zest
- Optional: lemon extract
- Optional Garnish: lemon slices to top
- Line an 8 x 4 or 9 x 5 pan with parchment paper. Grate zucchini and place in a colander. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and gently mix to combine. Fold in the shredded zucchini and lemon zest and mix gently with a spatula to combine.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan (note – the consistency of the batter will look and feel thick due to the amount of almond flour used, but don’t add any more liquid than suggested, otherwise the middle will not bake properly). Place optional sliced lemon on top and bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If starting to brown at 30 minutes, cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Let bread cool in the pan then remove from the loaf pan and chill for 10 minutes in the fridge before slicing. This helps the inside of the bread set after baking.
- Store the bread in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Substitutes – 2 to 3 Tablespoons coconut flour (equivalent grams) may be substituted for oat flour, but note the inside texture and baking time will vary.
Zucchini Tips – Do not grate zucchini too finely. Some moisture/water is okay to leave from the grated zucchini. There is no need to squeeze any water out of the zucchini.
Baking Tips – An 8×4 pan will create a taller loaf but the center will take longer to bake. Use foil to cover if the top is starting to brown. Metal loaf pans bake bread the quickest in comparison to glass pans or ceramic. I prefer to use metal pans for baking bread.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40-50
- Category: breads
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 165.8 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 50.7 mg
Keywords: zucchini, quick bread, gluten free bread, zucchini bread, breakfast