These macadamia nut cookies have sweet coconut, crunchy macadamia nuts, and a zesty sweet lemon glaze. Perfect with a cup of coffee! Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Paleo friendly, and Vegan.
- 3 tbsp Coconut flour or tapioca flour
- 1 1/4 cups Almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Maple syrup (adjust to desired sweetness)
- 1/4 cup Creamy nut butter (almond or sunflower seed butter work best)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Lemon zest or juice
- optional 1/8 tsp Lemon extract
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup Chopped macadamia nuts
For the glaze (optional):
- 4 tbsp Refined coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Powdered sugar and extra to sprinkle (omit if paleo)
- Extra lemon slices to garnish
- Preheat oven 350F and grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Parchment works best.
- Sift (or whisk) together your dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, salt).
- Mix maple syrup in with the almond butter and vanilla then add to the dry ingredients bowl.
- Add your lemon juice and zest. Mix again.
- Fold in your coconut and mac nuts.
- Let the dough chill for 30 minutes or more in fridge (covered).
- Roll the dough into balls that are golf ball sized then place on cookie sheet.
- Press each dough ball down flat with palm or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool while you make the glaze.
- For the glaze, mix your maple syrup, coconut oil, and lemon together in small bowl.
- Brush onto cookies. A a few very thin lemon slices to any or all cookies.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and powdered sugar or sugar free powdered sugar .
- Store in airtight container for a 7 days.
- The dough can be made ahead. Roll batter into a ball or log, cover with saran wrap and then store in fridge or freezer.
- I used salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts. You can use unsalted or raw.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie, with glaze
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 80.9mg
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: macadamia nut cookies, gluten free cookies, dairy free cookies, vegan cookies, paleo cookies