Kid-Friendly Dairy-Free Green Smoothies make for a healthy breakfast option or snack packed with superfoods! Serve this smoothie in a cup to go or enjoy with a spoon in a bowl!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 ripe avocado, skin and peel removed
- 1 kiwi, skin removed
- 2 slices fresh peeled ginger root, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups (80 grams) baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon (12 grams) creamy nut or seed butter of choice
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup (155 –177 milliliters) non dairy drinking milk (almond, coconut, or oat)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons (15 – 30 milliliters) maple syrup or honey
- kiwi slices
- maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon (10 grams) flaxseed or chia seeds
- sliced strawberries
- Combine smoothie ingredients in a blender. Blend until thick, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour into two bowls or cups and top with desired toppings and/or drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from my Nourishing Superfood Bowls.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 22.2 g
- Sodium: 100.6 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.7 g
- Fiber: 8.4 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: smoothies, smoothie bowl, dairy free, kid friendly, breakfast, snack