This keto quiche recipe makes a nourishing crustless zucchini pie that’s packed with protein-rich eggs, sweet red bell peppers, and crumbly feta cheese. Full of healthy nutrients and delicious Mediterranean flavors.
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp (1 large clove) garlic, minced
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese + extra for topping
- 3 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch or non-GMO cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt or fine sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup chopped/sliced zucchini, divided
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and diced (fresh and roasted in oven or roasted red bell peppers from a jar both work)
- Fresh basil for garnish.
- Optional black pepper, to season.
- Grease or line a 9-inch pie or cake pan with parchment paper.
- Coat small skillet with 1 tsp butter or oil. Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook over medium to medium high for 5 minutes (or until fragrant). Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer, add milk, eggs, and Parmesan cheese. Whisk/blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift the coconut flour, then add tapioca flour, spices, salt, baking powder. Mix together.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the blended egg/milk batter. Whisk together until smooth.
- Layer your onion and garlic at the bottom of the pie pan.
- Layer 2/3 cup zucchini on top, roasted pepper slices, and 1/3 cup feta crumbles.
- Evenly pour the egg/flour mixture into your prepared pie or cake pan. Add remaining zucchini slices and cheese on top (Parmesan and/or feta)
- Bake at 400F for 35 -45 minutes. Check at 25 minutes for doneness. The edges will be crispy brown and a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche will come out clean. Check the middle to make sure it’s no longer soft.
- When the crustless quiche is finished cooking, remove it from the oven and garnish with fresh basil before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: keto quiche, crustless zucchini pie, savory pie