Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash is a nutritious paleo pasta substitute, and delicious with any sauce. Make this recipe in a pressure cooker or an oven. Then, serve it with your favorite pasta sauce for an easy weeknight dinner or the perfect easy side dish.
- 1 cup water or broth
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
See notes for sauce ideas!
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set a trivet into the Instant Pot, then add broth/water.
- Use a serrated knife or Chef’s knife to cut the squash in half horizontally. Place squash cut side down on trivet. Note If your squash is too large for both pieces to sit cut side down, turn them on their sides. Don’t overlap or stack them.
- Close lid and pressure cook on high for 17-18 minutes, then perform a quick release.
- Use hot pads to carefully remove squash from Instant Pot. One half at a time, scoop and discard the seeds, then scoop out the insides into a large pot or serving bowl. Toss with salt and pepper and serve as desired. (suggestions in notes below)
- Cut squash in half horizontally, then scoop and discard seeds.
- Place squash cut side down in a baking pan and add in 1/2 cup water or broth.
- Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Toss with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and serve with 1 cup nightshade free nomato sauce and crumbled feta or shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Garnish with chopped fresh basil
- If a nightshade free option isn’t necessary, serve with pasta sauce of choice.
- Refrigerate cooked squash tossed in oil but without sauce and use within 1 week.
- Category: side dishes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot spaghetti squash, paleo pasta, low carb pasta, nightshade free, gluten free, vegan, Whole30