Instant Pot Korean Beef Bulgogi is adapted from the cookbook, Instant Pot Cookbook for Dummies by Elizabeth Ann Shaw and Wendy Jo Peterson. Make this healthy Asian meal for dinner tonight in your electric pressure cooker or on the stove top.
Adaptations to the original recipe are shown in bold. Nutrition based off keto option.
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, coconut palm sugar, or sugar substitute (like monk fruit sweetener or Erythritol)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (we use arrowroot starch)
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 stalk of green onion, chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, for garnish
- cooked white rice, quinoa, brown rice, or cauliflower rice, divided
- We also added chopped cilantro and lime wedges to the top
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Press Saute (High) on the Instant Pot and add the ground beef. When the beef begins to brown (about 3 minutes), add in the onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. When finished, press Cancel.
- Stir in the sauce and select Pressure Cook (High) and Keep Warm (Off), adjust the timer to 5 minutes using the +/- button, and secure the lid. Ensure the vent is set to Sealing.
- When the cooking completes, press Cancel, remove the lid, stir, and portion into 4 bowls, served over 1/2 cup of Brown Jasmine Rice. Garnish as desired with green onion, red pepper flakes, and Sriracha.
- Tip: To make the recipe Keto compliant, substitute a sugar replacement for the brown sugar. Because sugar substitutes are sweeter than sugar, use half the amount. Then serve with cauliflower rice.
- Tip: Use tamari sauce or coconut aminos in place of soy sauce to make the recipe gluten free.
- Category: dinners
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Instant Pot Korean beef, beef bulgogi, Instant Pot Asian recipes, keto recipe, gluten free recipe