Instant Pot Korean Beef Bulgogi is adapted from the cookbook, Instant Pot Cookbook for Dummies by Elizabeth Ann Shaw and Wendy Jo Peterson. Make this healthy Asian meal for dinner tonight in your electric pressure cooker or on the stove top.
Adaptations to the original recipe are shown in bold. Nutrition based off keto option.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar, coconut palm sugar, or sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (~2 cloves)
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 stalk green onion (chopped), 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, chopped cilantro and lime wedges
- Cooked white rice, quinoa, brown rice, or cauliflower rice for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Select SAUTE mode on the Instant Pot and add the ground beef. When the beef begins to brown (about 3 minutes), add in the onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. When finished, press CANCEL.
- Stir in the sauce and lock the Instant Pot lid and set the vent to closed. Select MANUAL mode and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking completes, press CANCEL and allow the pressure to release naturally or manually release. Remove the lid, stir and portion into 4 bowls, served over rice. Garnish as desired with green onion, red pepper flakes, cilantro and lime wedges.
Dietary Tip: To make the recipe Keto compliant, substitute the brown sugar with monk fruit sweetener or erythritol and serve with cauliflower rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: dinners
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 398.2 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 84.8 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Korean beef, beef bulgogi, Instant Pot Asian recipes, keto recipe, gluten free recipe