These roasted pumpkin seeds come in a variety of flavor options from sweet to spicy and everything in between for a festive snack full of nutrients!
- 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter or olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Honey Mustard: 2 teaspoon ground mustard, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, pinch of salt, pinch of smoked paprika, 1 Tablespoon honey
- Spicy – 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Carve the pumpkin open, and clean the pumpkin seeds by adding them to a colander to wash and remove any remaining pulp.
- Lay the seeds flat on parchment paper or a baking sheet, and pat them dry with a paper towel, making sure to dry the seeds as much as possible between the towel. Or, for crispier seeds, let them dry overnight.
- Once the seeds are dry, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly grease it with olive oil.
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, butter or oil, salt, and seasonings (if using) in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Place the pumpkin seeds onto the baking sheet, and make sure they are spread out evenly.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in the oven for 12-15 minutes, stirring every 5-6 minutes.
- Let the seeds cool completely before removing them from the pan.
Tip for removing the pulp: I found the easiest way to remove the pulp from seeds was to run warm water over the pumpkin seeds in a colander, Then remove pulp while water is running over them. Simply rub seeds between hands under the warm water.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 292.9 mg
- Fat: 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 9.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin seeds, gluten free, snack