Learn how to make oat flour for all your gluten free baking needs! All you’ll need are gluten free oats, a blender, and a couple of minutes!
- 2–3 cups gluten free oats (rolled, quick, or steel cut)
- Place 1-2 cups oats in a high-speed blender or food processor at a time.
- Blend or pulse for around 45 seconds or until a fine flour-like consistency is formed. NOTE – Steel cut oats may take longer to blend. Begin by blending the oats for 45 seconds, scrape sides, and repeat for a total of 90 seconds to 2 minutes or until a fine flour is formed. Transfer the ground oats to a glass jar or bowl.
- Repeat with the remaining oats.
- Store at room temperature for 2-3 months. Or freeze up to 6 months.
Storage Tip – Whole grain gluten free flours contain natural oils. So, the shelf life is not as long as that of refined flours.
Measuring Tip – In most cases, 1 ¼ cups of gluten free rolled oats makes around 1 cup of oat flour.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Baking
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: flour, oats, gluten free, baking, oat flour