Dinner just got better with this Easy Baked Fish and Vegetables recipe! Flakey white fish, hearty potatoes, and nutrient-rich vegetables are coated in a tangy honey mustard sauce and baked to perfection on a single sheet pan
For the Mustard Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
For the Pan:
- 3 (4-6 ounce) white fish filets (cod, haddock or halibut) *
- 3 cups diced baby potatoes (quartered)
- 1 cup chopped/sliced vegetables (Brussels sprouts, radish or carrots)
- 1/4 cup sliced onion (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter, pure olive oil, or refined avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.
- Place fish on a plate and generously brush sauce on each side. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, chopped vegetables and onion (if using) in the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread coated vegetables on a large oven safe pan or rimmed baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the vegetables with a spatula. Arrange the prepared fish filets between the vegetables on the baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until the fish has reached an internal temperature of 135 F-145 F. See baking tips notes
- Top fish with lemon slices and season with black pepper, salt and fresh parsley, if desired.
Baking Tips – Fish will continue to cook after being removed from the oven. The fish is fully cooked when the filet flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. If using fish less than 1 to 1 ½ inches thick, cooking time may vary.
Fish Tips! When it comes to fish, we love to use Sizzlefish for all our recipes! A brand we trust, they deliver high-quality seafood. Find seafood for all your gluten-free recipe needs.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 ounce fillet with 1 1/2 cup vegetables
- Calories: 409
- Sugar: 14.1 g
- Sodium: 1271.9 mg
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.1 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 32.7 g
- Cholesterol: 78.2 mg
Keywords: baked fish, baked fish recipe, fish, white fish, recipe for baked fish, how to bake fish in the oven, how to bake fish, mustard sauce, dijon