Spicy, salty, and crunchy, these homemade roasted wasabi peas are the perfect healthy snack.
- 1 10oz can green peas
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. Wasabi powder
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot flour (optional for crispier texture)
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- optional coatings- roll nutritional yeast after roasted and cooled.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet. I lightly coated mine witch coconut oil. Could also use foil or parchment paper.
- Drain peas from can. Use a paper towel to gently pat them, ensuring they’re as dry as possible.
- Place peas in a mixing bowl. Add the oil and spices and toss to coat.
- Spread the peas out on your baking sheet (you want them spread out evenly). Place them on the center rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- I took mine out around 45 minutes and added a little more seasoning and then continued to roast for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then you are able to store them at room temp.
Recipe Adapted From About.com