This paleo bread is soft, nutty and great for sandwiches. Wholesome, low carb, and freezable. Make a loaf in under an hour to enjoy anytime!
- 5 large eggs (see notes)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (see notes)
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (145 g)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp spice(s) of choice – OPTIONAL (garlic, rosemary, Italian, etc.)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds, plus extra for topping
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal or ground chia seed
- Pumpkin seeds
- hemp seeds
- poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, oil, and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with pumpkin, hemp, and/or poppy seeds.
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes, then uncover and continue to bake for additional 15-20 minutes or until golden and knife inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
- Slice if desired, then wrap the loaf in foil or plastic wrap and store in airtight container. Keeps well in fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- For extra fluffy bread, use 6 eggs and 4 tbsp tapioca starch.
- Neutral flavor oil works best. i.e olive oil, naturally refined coconut oil, or avocado oil
- Category: bread
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: paleo bread, sandwich bread, gluten free, grain free, low carb