Green Curry Cashew Salmon and Quinoa
- two 4oz salmon fillets or (8-10 ounce fillet)
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1/2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp cashew halves
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped apricots
- dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- red pepper flakes
- For the quinoa –
- 1 1/4 cup
- 15 oz fish stock
- 1 tbsp oil
- sea salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- If you choose to make the quinoa, simple combine your stock and oil/garlic in rice cooker or in pot and cook according to instructions. Usually around 15 minutes.
- For the salmon. First clean your salmon and lay on parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your curry paste, sesame or olive oil, honey, cream, fish sauce, and chili flakes. Spread evenly over fish. Keep a little extra for the pan.
- Place fish and any remaining curry paste/sauce in pan on medium heat. Add in your dried fruit and cashews and maybe a tad more oil if needed.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- The dried fruit and cashews will start to brown. Make sure they also get mixed in with a little of the leftover honey curry mixture in the pan. The salmon flesh is ready when its flaky and no longer red but a nice even pink.
- Serve on top of steamed garlic quinoa. Add any remaining mixture or fruit/nut to the plate and garnish with chili pepper and green onion.
- Add a little extra oil to the pan (maybe a tsp) and then add in your dried fruit and cashews.
We use sizzlefish sockeye salmon for this dish. Feel free to use another form of dried fruit as well.
this dish is great by itself. You don’t need quinoa but it does compliment it well!
The quinoa serves about 4.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min