Greek Cauliflower Salad Bowls feature cauliflower rice, grape leaves, Mediterranean olives and seasonings, pumpkin seeds for crunch, and creamy goat cheese. This gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, low carb salad is perfect for lunch or meatless dinner.
- 1 small to medium head cauliflower (riced) – if you prefer to buy premade cauliflower rice, use 3 to 4 cups riced.
- 1–2 tbsp of olive oil (2 tbsp if using a large amount of cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup grape leaves – Found in grocery aisle – a jar or can (shredded and pressed clean to remove extra water).
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – diced/sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro!
- 5–7 marinated green olives (or regular stuffed olives)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 ounce or more crumbled goat cheese (soft) – skip for dairy free/vegan option! Or see notes for alternatives
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower and cut the cauliflower head into four or five sections. Place one or two sections of the cauliflower, depending on size, into a food processor and pulse until cauliflower rice is formed, usually 3 or 4 pulses.
- Repeat for each section of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a large bowl. Add 1-2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and pumpkin seeds, and toss to combine.
- For a fresh cauliflower salad, mix the cauliflower rice with the chopped grape leaves (preparation instructions below) and tomatoes. Alternatively you can lightly toast the cauliflower rice on an oiled baking sheet, spread out evenly. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375F, tossing once during baking. Remove and let cool.
- To prepare the grape leaves, rinse the grape leaves with water to remove the excess salt. Press the grape leaves with a paper towel to remove the excess water. Chop or shred grape leaves and set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes, herbs, and olives to your liking. Place in s large bowl with the cauliflower rice, and then add the grape leaves. Toss together, mixing well. Add a fresh squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes.
- GARNISH with a hefty dose of crumbled goat cheese, Red pepper flakes, herbs (cilantro or basil), and lemon slices.
- You can serve straight from one large bowl or serve into 2 -3 smaller bowls!
- Feel free to omit cheese for dairy free option! Or use non dairy cheese.
- If you don’t like goat cheese, then feta, mozzarella balls, or even a dollop of greek yogurt is divine!
- Category: salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean, salad, greek, cauliflower salad, low carb, healthy, cauliflower, gluten free, grain free,