Fluffy, moist, and naturally sweetened, Dairy Free Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins are made made even better with bananas and chocolate chips for a breakfast or snack you can feel good about! Dairy Free.
- 1 cup grated/shredded zucchini (3/4 cup after water squeezed out)
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup (42 grams) blanched fine almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 3/4 cup (165 grams, ~ 1 large banana) mashed ripe banana
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line or grease a muffin tin, and set aside.
- Shred the zucchini. Place shreds in a paper towel or cheesecloth, and gently squeeze out all excess water. Note – Once squeezed, the zucchini should reduce down to ¾ cup.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flax meal).
- In a second large bowl, mash the banana. Mix in the remaining wet ingredients (zucchini, egg, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract).
- Working in batches, combine the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet, and mix until combined. Do not overmix! Fold in the chocolate chips. (See notes)
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling ⅔ – ¾ of the way full. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top, if desired.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Storage: Keep leftover muffins in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 4 months.
Texture Tip – For fluffier more moist muffins, let the batter sit for 10-20 minutes before spooning into muffin pan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Rest Time: 10
- Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Category: Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 181 mg
- Fat: 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 16.9 mg
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, zucchini, zucchini muffins, muffins