Full of flavor and loaded with veggies, this Gluten Free Lasagna Noodle Soup is the perfect make-ahead meal prep recipe the whole family will love! Instant Pot and Vegetarian options.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves (1 teaspoon minced)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced/diced
- optional – 2 Tablespoons of white wine
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 24 ounces (or about 2.5 cups) DeLallo San Marzano-Style Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- (5-6 ounces) 6-7 DeLallo No-Boil Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles broken into pieces or half pieces for more “noodle” like soup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley or basil
- ricotta/mozzarella (optional)
- optional 10 ounces ground chicken sausage – *Note this will need to be cooked firs, if using.
- If using meat, place the ground chicken sausage in the instant pot along with 2 teaspoons of oil. Press the sauté button, and sauté for 3-4 minutes until chicken sausage is cooked.
- Remove the sausage meat from the instant pot and place it in a bowl to use later. If not using meat, skip straight to cooking the onion and garlic below.
- Place the onion and garlic in the instant pot (leave any grease from the sausage in the pan). Sauté the onion and garlic in oil until it is translucent and fragrant. Scrape any brown bits left from the sausage in with the onion and garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini, and sauté for 2 minutes (optional: add white wine to help the mushrooms sweat). Add salt, tomato, spices, half of the lasagna noodles (spread out), and the broth. Stir to combine the ingredients. Add the remaining noodles, making sure they are completely submerged in the sauce/broth.
- Close and lock the lid, and move the steam release valve to the “Sealing” setting.
- Select “High Pressure” according to the manufacturer’s instructions: 0 minutes for no-boil rice/corn lasagna noodles or 1 minute for uncooked brown rice/GF noodles (al dente noodles).
- When the cooking cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 8 minutes. Then, “Quick Steam Release” the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar before serving.
- Add oil to a large stockpot. Place the onion and garlic in the pot (or use the leftover grease from the sausage instead of oil), and sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until they are translucent and fragrant. Scrape any brown bits left from the cooked sausage (if using) in with the onion and garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini, and sauté for 2 minutes (Optional: add white wine to help the mushrooms sweat).
- Add salt, tomato, spices, ½ of the lasagna noodles (spread out), and the broth. Stir the ingredients to combine.
- Add the remaining noodles making sure that they are completely submerged in the sauce/broth. Turn the heat to HIGH, and heat until the soup starts to boil.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, add the no-boil dry pasta noodles, and let them simmer until the pasta is tender (about 12-15 minutes).
- Garnish and serve with optional cheese and herbs.
Freezer-friendly for up to 3 months. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days (meatless option).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 11-15 minutes
- Category: dinner/meal prep
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 653.6 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.8 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 11.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: lasagna, gluten free, meal prep, vegetarian