Whip up this Gluten Free Gnocchi Pesto Pasta Salad in minutes for the perfect make-ahead recipe that can be served hot, cold, or at room temperature to meet all your needs!
- 1/2 pound green beans (washed and trimmed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1–2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 16–18 ounces gluten free gnocchi (or mini gluten free gnocchi)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup homemade cilantro pesto (or pre-made pesto)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat it to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add the washed and trimmed green beans and cherry tomatoes to the sheet in an even layer.
- Lightly coat the veggies in 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss again.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the broiler, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss the veggies, and place it back in the oven for an additional 3-6 minutes or until blistered. (See notes.)
- Remove the blistered veggies from the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water (4-5 quarts) to a boil. Add ½ Tablespoon of salt.
- Add the gluten free gnocchi to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the gnocchi begins to float to the top.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove the gnocchi, and discard the water. Do not rinse.
- Place the gnocchi back in the pot, and toss with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add the pesto, and gently mix until the gnocchi is well coated.
- Chop the green beans into smaller pieces.
- Fold the green beans and tomatoes in with the pesto gnocchi.
- Sprinkle in pine nuts and feta. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with more feta, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs, if desired. Serve at room temperature for best flavor.
- Storage -Once prepared, this recipe will stay fresh in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days.
- The longer the broiler preheats, the faster the green beans and tomatoes will cook. Thinner green beans may only take 5-7 minutes to blister.
- Add more oil or warmed pesto as needed to refresh leftover pasta salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 467 mg
- Fat: 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.6 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 10.3 g
- Cholesterol: 27.3 mg
Keywords: gnocchi, pasta, pasta salad, pesto, vegetarian, main course, side dish