Make this gluten free brownies recipe for a fudgy, chocolate-loaded dessert that’s vegan-friendly and guaranteed to please any crowd!
- 2 room temperature eggs or 2 flax eggs (see notes)
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) dark chocolate baking bar or chocolate chips, melted
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup (150 to 160g) smooth creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup fine raw sugar or sugar substitute (see notes)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (70 grams) gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 4 Tablespoon Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional Topping – sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted dark chocolate, almond butter, sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients. Mix until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared 8×8 baking dish and spread the batter evenly. If desired, sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake at 350F for 22 to 26 minutes (see notes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean and edges are set. Do not overbake.
- Store brownies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Substitute – To make the flax eggs, mix 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed with 5 Tablespoons water. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken into a gel-like texture before adding to the batter. The brownies will take longer to bake (30 to 35 minutes) when using flax eggs.
Baking Tip – For a typical shiny-crinkle brownie top, use a superfine caster sugar/bakers sugar or process regular or raw sugar down to a finer texture in a blender or food processor. If using a thicker almond butter add more non-dairy milk (½ cup instead of ⅓ cup).
Storage Tips – Store brownies in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 to 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 54.3 mg
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 37.5 mg
Keywords: gluten free brownies, gluten free brownie recipe, gluten free brownies recipe, brownies