Breakfast Power Bowls provide real energy from REAL FOOD! These gluten free breakfast power bowls are made with gluten free oats, cooked quinoa, and chia seed soaked in coconut milk or almond milk. Antioxidant rich bowls can help POWER you through the day! A make ahead breakfast that is easy and delicious.
- 2/3 cup to 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup or less gluten free rolled oats (if desired, use as a topping versus mix in).
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons chia seed
- 8 ounces coconut milk or almond milk + extra for topping
- 1 to 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or or honey, to taste
- splash lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toppings – 1 cup fruit fruit (berries, banana, kiwi, etc), 3 Tablespoons chopped nuts or seeds, 1 Tablespoon cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips, and yogurt
- Optional Mix-in – 1 Tablespoon creamy nut butter
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions or use leftover cooked quinoa.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, optional oats, and chia seed. Pour the milk on top to cover the grain/seed mix. Stir in maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Let this mixture sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight. The mixture will thicken into a chia pudding-like texture.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove from the fridge and stir in optional nut butter and toppings. If desired, pour a splash of milk on top and a drizzle of honey.
- Keeps well in fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days for the perfect make ahead breakfast bowl or spoon portions into mason jars for breakfast on the go.
Substitutes – Brown rice or millet may be substituted for quinoa.
Cooking Tip – If preparing the power bowls for meal prep, toss the fruit in a splash of lemon juice to keep fruit from browning.
Nutrition below based on using unsweetened almond milk.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes up to 24 hours
- chill time: up to 24 hours
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: breakfast
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 19.2 g
- Sodium: 90.1 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.1 g
- Fiber: 9.7 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
Keywords: power bowls, whole grain, vegan, breakfast, make ahead, meal prep, gluten free, healthy, chia pudding