A healthy tasty appetizer that’s gluten free! Gluten Free Blackberry Basil Nachos
- 2–3 eight inch gluten free tortillas
- non stick cooking spray or foil
- 2/3 cup blackberries
- 2 oz Mozzarella, hard cheddar, provolone, or other aged cheese (see notes for vegans)
- fresh basil (chopped)
- dash of black pepper and sea salt
- additional toppings – chicken, tofu, beef, salsa, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay out your tortillas and slice them into wedges with a knife or pizza cutter. Place tortillas on a baking sheet with foil underneath or use non stick cooking spray
- in a separate bowl, gently smash your blackberries. Not much, but just enough to extract a little juice. Toss semi smashed berries in bowl with basil. about 1 tbsp chopped fresh and a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Next, slice your cheese into smaller strips and place on tortilla wedges.
- spoon blackberry mixture on top of each wedge/nacho.
- Add any additional toppings or seasoning.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. For extra crispy, broil for the last minute.
Vegans have the option of using or daiya or non dairy cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min