The Ultimate Farmer’s Market Veggie Sandwich. It’s all of your favorite seasonal vegetables piled high atop gluten free bread with fresh basil leaves. Nut free, dairy free!
- 2 Tablespoons vegan edamame pesto dip (see notes for substitutes)
- 2 pieces gluten free bread
- Cucumber slices (thin)
- 1/3 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 to 4 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- Sliced bell pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- Pepperoncini or banana peppers
- Kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil & vinegar combo
- Microgreens or sprouts
- Make the edamame pesto by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor or feel free to use any flavor hummus instead.
Layering the Sandwich:
- Toast the bread then start layering the veggie sandwich.
- Spread one Tablespoon of edamame pesto on each slice of bread.
- Add the cucumber and remaining ingredients. The banana peppers should be last before the oil/vinegar.
- Drizzle with 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil/vinegar. If desired, sprinkled with salt and pepper. Top with fresh sprouts and top with the other piece of bread.
- Serve immediately.
Substitutes – Use any seasonal veggies in place of the veggies listed. Substitute any flavored hummus for the edamame pesto.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: lunch
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 389.1 mg
- Fat: 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.5 mg
Keywords: sandwich, healthy, gluten free, vegetarian, meatless, dairy free, vegetables, nut free.