The Ultimate Farmer’s Market Veggie Sandwich. It’s all of your favorite seasonal vegetables piled high atop gluten free bread with fresh basil leaves. Nut free, dairy free!
- 2 tbsp Vegan Edamame Pesto dip (see notes for substitutes)
- Edamame Soy beans (without shell), oil, garlic, lemon, herbs of choice, sunflower seeds, salt/pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- 2 Pieces Gluten Free Bread – Canyon Bakehouse Whole Grain
- Cucumber slices (thin)
- 1/3 c shredded red cabbage
- 3–4 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- Sliced bell pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- Pepperoncini or banana peppers
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 TB olive oil & Vinegar combo
- Microgreens or Sprouts
- First Make you edamame pesto by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor. If you don’t have time to make the pesto (which is super easy and fast) then feel free to use any flavor hummus.
For Layering the Sandwich:
- Make sure all your vegetables are sliced then or chopped. Feel free to toast your bread as first as well.
- Then start layering your veggie sandwich. The key to start with the edamame pesto first. Spread one table on each piece of bread.
- Start with one piece of bread as bottom layer, then add your cucumber and remaining ingredients. The banana peppers should be last before the oil/vinegar.
- Then Drizzle with olive oil/vinegar combo 1/2 tbsp each or so.
- Add a bit of Sea salt and cracked pepper. Top with fresh sprouts and the close it up with the other piece of bread.
- Feel free to use any other seasonal veggies! Load it up! I also like to add a little splash of lime or lemon.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: lunch
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 389.1 mg
- Fat: 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.5 mg
Keywords: sandwich, healthy, gluten free, vegetarian, meatless, dairy free, vegetables, nut free.