Learn how to make the best Gluten Free Socca Recipe with this 5 ingredient recipe! Easy, budget-friendly, and delicious, it’s dairy-free, full of fiber, and perfect for pairing with soups or as an appetizer!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the chickpea flour to remove any clumps. Slowly fold in the warm water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper until combined. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- When ready to bake the socca, preheat the oven to 450°F and place a 10 or 12 inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet on the center rack (about 8 inches from the heat) for 10 minutes. (A wider skillet will produce a thinner crust.)
- Remove the pan, pour 1 Tablespoon of oil into it and swirl until the pan is evenly coated. Immediately pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the socca flatbread is set and edges are crisp and golden. If desired, broil for the last minute for crispier edges.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and top with optional chopped herbs, coarse ground black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cut it into wedges, and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Storage – Place cooled socca in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
- Prep Time: 5
- Rest Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French/Italian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 69.7 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: flatbread, appetizer, vegan bread, gluten free flatbread, no yeast bread, socca