One Pan Maple Balsamic-Glazed Scallops with Pomegranate
- 7– 8 oz scallops (about 7– 8 medium to large scallops)
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp salted butter or oil (use less if you are wanting lighter)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds (cleaned and dried)
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry scallops. Set aside.
- Heat a pan on between medium high to high, add your butter and maple syrup.
- Once it’s starts sizzling, add your scallops, pomegranate seeds, and balsamic vinegar.
- The vinegar will start to caramelize with the butter/syrup fast so keep mixing the sauce around with the seeds and scallops to form a glaze.
- Add in your garlic and dash sea salt.
- Pan sear for 6-8 minutes on medium high, flipping the scallops once or twice.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve into dishes and spoon sauce and pomegranate seeds over top.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper
- Great with a salad!
Serving size: 4 oz Calories: 250 Fat: 13.5 Saturated fat: 3.5 Carbohydrates: 14 Sugar: 7 Fiber: 1.5 Protein: 18