An easy spin on an authentic Thai recipe, this gluten free green curry recipe is made with fresh produce, Asian herbs and spices, and leftover chicken!
- 1 Tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
- 2– 4 Tablespoons gluten free green curry paste (closest to real deal is this curry sauce)
- 1 1/4 cans (15-16 ounces) gluten free unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) diced and peeled sweet potato
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 lime – peel only or kaffir lime leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2–3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken (skinless)
- 1– 2 cups assorted Asian vegetables (sliced red bell pepper, snow peas, baby spinach)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- For serving – Cooked white rice or cauliflower rice, if desired
- Garnish- Thai basil, Thai pepper, chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat and add ginger, lemongrass and garlic. Saute for 1 minute or until fragrant. Mix in curry paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often or until very fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk, broth, and sugar. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Add potatoes, basil, lime peel and fish sauce then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken, thoroughly coating with curry; then add the remaining vegetables and lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted. Remove lime peel and discard.
- Serve curry over cooked rice or cauliflower rice, if desired. Garnish with Thai basil, Thai pepper and/or chopped cilantro.
Storage Tips – Once cooked and cooled, store in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. The texture of some of the vegetables might change slightly once thawed. To reheat, let frozen leftovers thaw in the fridge overnight. Warm individual portions in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and continue to heat in 30-second intervals until your desired temperature is reached. Reheat larger portions by placing them in a skillet over medium heat. Let them cook, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 22-25
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: thai
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 1030.4 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 20.6 g
- Cholesterol: 52.5 mg
Keywords: easy curry, green curry, curry dinner, curry and rice, chicken dinner