Make this easy enchilada recipe with pantry staples! Using cans of chicken, salmon, or chickpeas, to create a buffalo spiced meal for dinner tonight!
- 8 ounces shredded chicken or other protein of choice (see notes)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese or non dairy cheese, divided
- 1 cup hot sauce or wing sauce, divided (plus more for serving)
- 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan butter
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 10 (7-inch) corn tortillas or 6 (10-inch) gluten free flour tortillas
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Garnishes – cilantro, green onion, and/or sliced jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the cooked protein of choice, softened cream cheese, yogurt, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, white parts of the scallion, cumin and paprika.
- To make the buffalo sauce, add the butter to a small saucepan and melt on low-medium heat. Then whisk in the remaining 2/3 cup hot sauce and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Set aside. Alternatively, the butter may be melted in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the tortillas 3 at a time until warm (15-20 seconds). Cover and keep warm between damp paper towels.
- Spoon a portion of the meat mixture down the middle of each tortilla with 1 Tablespoon buffalo sauce on top. Roll the tortillas up and place them side by side, seam-side down, in the prepared pan.
- Pour the remaining buffalo sauce mixture over the pan of tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese and feta cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove and garnish with chopped cilantro, green onion and/or sliced jalapenos.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Substitutes – Boneless canned chicken, diced cooked chicken sausage, or boneless canned salmon can be used in place of shredded chicken. Vegetarian options include drained canned chickpeas, beans, quinoa, or lentils. Non-dairy shredded cheese and cream cheese, and/or vegan butter may be substituted.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 931.8 mg
- Fat: 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 15.2 g
- Cholesterol: 62.7 mg
Keywords: easy enchilada recipe, buffalo chicken, spicy food