Slow Cooker Curried Pork and Quinoa Stew. Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Soy Free.
- 1–2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup quinoa (I used sprouted by TruRoots)
- 1 cup chopped carrots and onion (combined)
- 1 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (or other cream of choice)
- 1 lb ground pork sausage or other meat of choice
- 1/4 cup honey Dijon dressing or mustard
- 2–3 cups chicken or vegetable Broth
- 1 can lentil or vegetable bean soup (gluten free). You can leave this out if you want, but it adds great flavor and thickeness!
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar or Braggs Aminos
- Optional toppings: Avocado, basil, black pepper/sea salt/chili pepper flakes
- First add your meat and 1 cup broth to slow cooker. Let it cook on low for an hour. Then add in all your remaining ingredients and extra broth. Mix all together in the pot and keep on low for 3 or 4 more hours. Check it again after 4 hours to see if quinoa has absorbed, if it has then turn on warm. If it hasn’t, keep on high for another 30 minutes to an hour. The stew will get pretty thick after the quinoa has cooked. So feel free to add in more broth or water if you want to do make it more like soup.
- Top with any extra fixins you’d like – parmesan, black pepper, crushed red pepper, etc.
- Serves 4.