Made with a mojo marinade, these easy Crockpot Pork Tacos are bursting with herbaceous, citrus flavor in every juicy bite! Serve in gluten-free tortillas and add with all your favorite toppings
- 1/3 cup torn cilantro or 2 Tablespoons chopped
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Crock Pot Ingredients:
- 2 pounds pork loin (see notes for substitutes)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion or 1 small onion
For Serving + Toppings:
- Gluten-free corn tortillas or tortillas of choice
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Sliced avocado
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Optional crumbled cheese (omit if dairy free)
- Garnish – cilantro
- Place cilantro, olive oil, garlic, lime juice and orange juice in a food processor and blend until the herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Alternatively, finely chop/mince the garlic and herbs then mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and whisk together until combined.
- Make a vertical cut down the center of the pork loin from top to bottom. Generously season with kosher salt.
- Place the pork loin in the crock pot along with the chopped onion. Pour the marinade on top of the pork loin and inside the sliced part of the pork loin.
- Place the crockpot on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours. Pork loin is done once internal temperature reaches 145 F and can be easily shredded using 2 forks (don’t over cook). Proceed to pull or shred the pork in the crockpot. (See notes if cooking on HIGH.)
- Turn the crockpot to WARM or place the meat and marinade in aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve shredded pork with remaining juices from the slow cooker. Arrange on tortillas and add toppings of choice.
- Store shredded pork in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Substitutes – Use 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (trim the extra fat) in place of pork loin. Because pork shoulder contains more fat, it may take slightly longer to cook depending on the cut.
Cooking Tips – The original recipe feeds a family of 4 easily with few to no leftovers. The recipe easily doubles for more servings, if desired. If cooking on HIGH, after shredding the pork allow it to marinate on WARM for at least 20 minutes to enhance the flavor before serving.
Storage Tips – Freeze the shredded pork in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes +
- Category: Main
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 taco without toppings
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 141.1 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 22.7 g
- Cholesterol: 66.3 mg
Keywords: gluten free, pork tacos, pork tacos recipe, crockpot pork tacos, tacos, crockpot