Pecan pie bar recipes aren’t as good as Coffee Pecan Pie Bars! This is a paleo friendly and vegan dessert!. A lighter version of pecan pie for the holidays!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups Paleo Nut flour Blend (We used Pamela’s [url] Paleo Nut Flour Blend ∞http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/nut-flour-blend/[/url])
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Starch (or arrowroot or potato starch works too)
- 10–12 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
FOR THE FILLING AND TOPPING:
- 6 dates (pitted)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves to blend
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (or water if you prefer less creamy)
- 2 tbsp instant coffee or espresso
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 c extra pecan halves to place on top before baking
- Optional coffee beans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and be sure to grease or oil the sides as well.
- Blend together 2 cups nut flour, tapioca starch, dates, and 1 tbsp coconut oil in food processor. Pack this into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Updated notes: I’ve had a few readers opt not to prebake the the crust and it worked too. Depends on how crispy you want the bottom.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling.
- Blend together 6 dates, vanilla, salt, and 1 cup of the pecans. Batter will be sticky and thick. Then Place in bowl and set aside.
- Next, in a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup maple syrup, milk (or water), 1/2 cup coconut oil, and coffee.
- Let it come to a soft boil and then reduce to low, whisk on low. This should only take about 2 -3 minutes max! It will be a little foamy bubbly then it will settle back down.
- Combine your hot coffee coconut oil mix with the date/pecan filling in one bowl. Mix together quickly.
- Pour that mixture over the pecan crust in the pan. Spread it out evenly. See picture in post with the glaze on top. That’s the coffee/date batter. Sprinkle the rest of your pecan halves on top. Sprinkle extra coffee beans on top if desired.
- Bake again for about 18-22 minutes or until golden brown on sides.
- Once baked, place in the fridge for 1 hr to set.
- Remove from fridge, slice and serve warm.
- Store in fridge in sealed container if you want to keep these for later. Just pop in oven or microwave to warm again.
- Total time does not include CHILL time, so add extra hour for them to set.
- I used Pamela’s Paleo nut flour blend which consists of almond/coconut/pecan flour. If you are using another paleo flour blend, be sure to watch baking time on crust. It will vary.
- If you are watching sugar, add less maple syrup and dates to the filling
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 small bar
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 16.3g
- Sodium: 11.2mg
- Fat: 22.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 25.3g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pecan pie bars, holiday desserts, vegan dessert, paleo