A fun twist on traditional pesto recipes, this Cilantro Pesto is made with budget-friendly ingredients and ready in minutes! Dairy Free Option.
- 2 cups (1 bunch) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 2 large (or 3 small) garlic cloves
- 1/2 (2 teaspoons) of a lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Place the cilantro, cashews, Parmesan, garlic, lime juice, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper flakes into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients until they are well-combined. Scrape sides of food processor. * The texture will still be quite mealy until the oil is added.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use for pasta, pizza, and more!
The texture of the cilantro pesto will be quite mealy until the oil is added.
For a thinner consistency, add more olive oil to your liking.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 52.3 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 2.2 mg
Keywords: cilantro, pesto, sauce, condiment