These chocolate protein pancakes are delicious, nourishing, customizable, and baked in your oven! Make this nutritious breakfast recipe for your family. It’s keto-friendly, gluten free, made without flour, and kids love them!
- 1/2 c creamy nut butter (no stir)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp flax meal or chia meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 25– 30 grams chocolate bone broth protein collagen
- Toppings of choice.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a quarter-size sheet pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Next, with a hand blender or high speed blender, blend together eggs and nut butter. The batter will look like a creamy nut butter.
- Next, add in the milk, flax, baking powder, and protein. Blend again until creamy.
- Pour into a prepared sheet pan. For the fluffiest pancakes, let the batter chill in the fridge (covered) for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. You may bake right away if desired. Add desired topping before baking. Ex: sliced strawberries, vegan chocolate chips, nuts, banana.
- Bake for 350 12-15 minutes. Sliced and serve.
- Freeze cooked stored in foil or container for up to 3 months. Batter may be made ahead of time.
Doubling the recipe:
To make a half sheet pan, blend/mix two batches to avoid over mixing. Then fill the half pan to half way in height. Baking times will vary. Check at 12 minutes for doneness.
Nutrition as shown is for 2 pancake slices, without toppings.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Keywords: chocolate protein pancakes, keto protein pancakes, sheet pan pancakes, bone broth protein