These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies are made with simple ingredients and free from corn syrup for a better-for-you no-bake treat the whole family will love!
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- 2/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups plain cornflakes (*See notes for cereal substitutes)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes + extra for topping
- Sea salt flakes to taste
- Optional: 3 Tablespoons chopped nuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the dark chocolate, nut butter, and honey, stirring to combine.
- Heat the mixture until it comes to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the vanilla.
- Working quickly, use a silicone spatula to gently stir in the remaining ingredients (cornflakes, shredded coconut, and optional chopped nuts) until they are well-coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, shape the batter into clusters, and place them on the baking sheet. Tip – be sure to use a smaller baking sheet so you can fit in the fridge or freezer later!
- Sprinkle the cookies with extra coconut and sea salt flakes, if desired.
- Place the cookies in the fridge to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Best stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Cereal Substitute: For a grain-free option, use any other flake cereal of choice! I like this coconut cereal.
Shape the cookies as quickly as possible! Once it begins to cool, the batter will harden and be difficult to work with.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cool Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 63.5 mg
- Fat: 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, no bake, chocolate, cookies, snack, dessert, kid-friendly, vegan dessert