Chocolate-Amaretto Cake Bites! A bite size dessert that requires no baking. Grain free and vegan option!
- 1 cup blanched fine almond flour (Bob’s red mill)
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (heaping scoops)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (see notes)
- 1/3 c to 1/2 c creamy no stir almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2–4 tbsp Amaretto (to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
Dark Chocolate Coating:
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Foods)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (refined)
Optional Toppings or Add-ins:
- orange extract
- melted butterscotch chips to coat (see notes for brand)
- orange zest
- Powdered sugar or coconut sugar
1. Sift together your almond flour and coconut flour. Place in a large bowl and add your cocoa powder and coconut sugar (or brown sugar if you don’t have coconut sugar).
2. Add your almond butter. Stir ingredients all together.
3. Add in your maple syrup a little at time, mixing to form a dough batter. Lastly, stir in your amaretto, almond extract, vanilla, and sea salt.
4. Mix again with spoon. You might have to use your hand to mix a bit. If batter is too runny, add more almond flour. If the batter is too dry, add more maple syrup or nut butter
5. Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on cookie tray or plastic ware with parchment paper underneath.
6. Next melt the dark chocolate chips to create a shell.
7. Place dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave. Cook 3x at 30 second intervals, mixing each stop.
8. Once chocolate is melted, take a whisk and dip it in your melted chocolate. Drizzle this over the bites. You can also coat the bites in the melted chocolate, if desired. Another topping option is to add melted butterscotch chips. It’s not vegan friendly, but so delicious! See notes.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or coconut sugar
10. Place in freezer and Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes.
11. Then transfer into sealed container if not using right away. Keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
Estimated Nutrition Per Cake Bite varies depending on the amount of dark chocolate and Amaretto you use.
If you are going to add the melted butterscotch topping, I highly recommend using butterscotch chips from Guittard brand. NOTE: It is not dairy free.
If you don’t have coconut sugar, brown sugar will work or stevia in the raw.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cake bite
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: no bake cake bites, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, chocolate desserts