This Peach Chipotle Chicken Salad with Quinoa is made with simple and fresh ingredients for an easy summertime salad recipe packed with flavor. Bake or grill the chicken ahead of time for a delicious meal in minutes!
For the Chicken
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast (14 ounces or 400 grams)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt and pepper (to taste, a pinch of each)
- 1/3 cup chipotle mayo or quick mayo hack (see notes)
Fixing the Salad
- 5 cups chopped green salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 chopped or sliced bell pepper
- 1 sliced or diced peach, fresh
- half a lime, juiced
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Optional Toppings & Garnishes
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro
- crumbled feta cheese
- cherry tomatoes or cooked corn
- Rub chicken breast with garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Grill or bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove from grill/oven and rest chicken 5 minutes until ready for slicing. Slice or chop and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the chicken with 2- 3 Tablespoons of the chipotle mayo. Reserve the other 1-2 Tablespoons for the salad.
- Place chopped salad, quinoa, peppers, and peaches in a large bowl. Toss together. Add the chicken and toss again.
- Squeeze fresh lime on top and splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Add any additional toppings (avocado, corn or tomato, cilantro, etc.) and the remaining chipotle mayo.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Wait to add the avocado right before serving if you are making this ahead of time.
Protein Swap: Pre-cooked chicken or skinless salmon may be substituted
Quick Chipotle Mayo Hack: 1/3 cup paleo mayo mixed with 2 teaspoons adobo sauce and one chopped chipotle pepper from the can. 1/2 teaspoon lime juice mixed in after.
Note – You do not have to use all the mayo for the salad. It’s similar to Caesar salad, creamy once combined. Adjust the amount you add to the salad to your liking.
To make this grain-free, which will reduces carb, use cauliflower rice and swap out the peach for whatever summer fruit you desire!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: main dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 408.3 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 22.3 g
- Cholesterol: 68.6 mg
Keywords: salad, chicken, chipotle, peach, mayo, chipotle mayo, spicy, chicken salad