Mango chile chicken bowls are healthy and delicious, with sweet and zesty flavor. Make this chicken dinner in an oven or on a grill. Gluten free, dairy free, and a paleo option.
- 1 small mango (peeled) and extra for plating, if desired. (about 2/3 to 1 cup diced )
- 2 tbsp chili sauce (i.e sriracha)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion or shallot
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (see notes for substitutes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breast
- Toppings to garnish – Cilantro, lime wedge, crushed black pepper/sea salt
- Serve with cooked rice or cauliflower rice, slices of grilled mango, and any extra sauce or veggies!
- Peel and dice your mango. Cut more or keep extra for your bowl if desired.
- Blend the first 11 ingredients (mango, chili sauce, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper garlic, onion, oil, orange juice, and wine) together in a blender or food processor. It should blend into a nice orange or tropical color. Reserve 1/4 c of the marinade in small bowl.
- Wash your chicken and pat dry. Place in baking dish or ziplock bag. Pour remainder of marinade over chicken. Place chicken in fridge to marinade for as little as 1 hr or up to 24 hrs.
- Remove marinated chicken from fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425 F or Grill at medium high.
- Place chicken in baking dish and add 1/4 c of the marinade on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes. CHeck at 25 minutes for doneness. Broil the last minute to caramelize marinade.
- If grilling, place chicken breast in foil or directing on grill. Brush reserved marinade on top. Grill for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Feel free to grill extra mango slices too!
- Remove and serve into individual bowls with cooked rice and diced mango. Paleo option: substitute rice for cauliflower rice.
- Squeeze any extra lime juice on top and garnish chopped cilantro, lime, and pepper/sea salt if desired.
- To make paleo – Just substitute cauliflower rice for regular rice.
- White wine substitute – use 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar in place of white wine, or check out these tips!
- No fresh mango available? You can use canned mango (packed in natural juice) or peaches.
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 4 ounce
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 10 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18 grams
- Protein: 27 grams
Keywords: mango chile chicken, marinated chicken, mango chicken, baked chicken, dairy free, gluten free, paleo