Blackberry Quinoa Cakes are made with a blender recipe! These gluten-free cakes are made with simple fresh ingredients. Dairy free, no refined sugar, and delicious! No oil or butter needed. Great for breakfast, snacks, or desserts.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked if you are making from scratch. See notes)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c to 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (See notes for sweetness variations)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 –3 tbsp organic blackberry jam
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chia seed (a superfood addition. optional)
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk for nut free option
- 6 –8oz fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- optional topping 1 tbsp each cinnamon and coconut sugar
- First make sure your quinoa is cooked according to instructions. 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water equals about 3 cups. You can also use leftover quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add your first 8 ingredients into the blender. Blend on low then add in your milk, coconut flour, and chia and blend until batter is formed. Throw in handful or less of fresh blackberries to make these more purple in color. This is optional.
- Pour batter in to greased 8×8 pan or lined muffin cups. Set aside.
- next place your blackberries in a large bowl and smash them up with fork or spoons. I would wear an apron for this! haha.
- Pour your smashed berries on top of your batter and spread it out evenly.
- Place in oven for 45-50 minutes or until center is done. Be sure to check at 35 minutes just in case your oven cooks faster.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on optional topping. Cinnamon and coconut or palm sugar on top. Let it cool then slice into cakes.
- Keep in fridge if you are not serving right away. or freeze for up to 6-8 weeks in ziplock bag.
- If you want these cakes to be more like a pudding/cake, just use 3 eggs and use the chia seeds.
- These cakes are naturally sweetened with fruit. Feel free to add more honey if you want them sweeter like cake/dessert. Keep the recommended amount of honey if you want them more like fruit/egg breakfast cakes.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 12.8g
- Sodium: 137mg
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 27.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5.8
- Cholesterol: 78.3mg
Keywords: quinoa cakes, healthy snacks, blender recipe