Gluten Free White Bread -makes 1 loaf
(15 minutes prep time, 45 minutes to 1 hour to rise, 30 minutes baking time)
- 1 cup (172 grams) Sweet Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) Potato Starch
- 1/4 cup (27 grams) Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) Protein Powder (vanilla for sweeter bread, plain for regular bread)
- 1/2 cup sugar or granulated sweetener of your choice
- 1 TBSP Bread Machine Yeast
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk***
- 3 TBSP Dairy Free Butter or Butter, melted and divided
- 1 TBSP Rice Vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200º. Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large stand mixer, combine your first 10 ingredients. sweet rice flour through cream of tartar. Heat the almond milk and 2 TBSP butter in the microwave to 100º. Turn the mixer on low and add the warm milk mixture to the flours using a dough hook. Next add the rice vinegar and 2 eggs. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Melt the other tablespoon of butter and brush it over the top of the loaf.
- Cover the loaf with plastic wrap, turn off the oven, place the loaf in the oven and slightly vent the oven with a wooden spoon or towel. This creates a proofing box for the loaf to rise in.* Proof covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and proof for an additional 10 minutes in the oven or until about doubled in size. Remove the loaf from the oven, preheat the oven to 325º. Bake for 30 minutes or until the loaf is slightly browned and has a hollow sound when tapped on top. Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then continue to cool out of pan on a wire cooling rack.
- *You can also allow this to rise, covered with plastic wrap in a warm, draft free area
- ***you can use carbonated water here instead of almond milk or you can substitute up to 1/2 cup of the milk with pineapple juice to make a sweeter Hawaiian style bread