This berry yogurt frosted flourless cake is incredibly light and fluffy. A flourless cake made simply from egg whites, almond flour, and berries. Topped with a strawberry greek yogurt frosting.
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (or almond meal) Sifted with 1/2 cup tapioca starch or flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup coconut sugar (see notes for other sugar options)
- 100 gram or about 4 tbsp butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp Strawberry or raspberry extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Optional 1/2 cup raspberries or blueberries to mix in batter
- 1 cup thick plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil (not melted)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar or sugar free powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 tbsp strawberry preserves and a touch of dye free food coloring or beet powder to help boost color.
- Sliced strawberries and blackberries to top.
- Optional additional fruit toppings – i.e shredded Coconut or sliced oranges
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- Grease a 8 inch cake tin and line the bottom with parchment and set aside.
- Sift almond flour, tapioca starch, and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until fluffy. Slowly fold in sugar and continue to beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold your almond flour mix into the egg whites, gently. Add any optional berries here if you’d like.
Fold the slightly cooled melted butter or coconut oil in last and then add your extracts.
- Pour into 8 in or 9 inch lined cake tin.
- Bake at 350F on center rack 20 minutes. Check for doneness. Continue to bake for 5-8 minutes if it’s not done. Remove pan from oven and cool.
- While cooling, make your Greek yogurt frosting. *Notes* double the frosting recipe if you want to cover cake or place frosting between the layers*
- Place yogurt and butter in bowl Beat together. Slow add in powdered sugar, coloring, preserves, and extract. Beat until fluffy. Place in fridge until ready to use.
Garnish the Cake
- If you want to make it a layered cake, carefully slice the cake in half.
- Add a layer frosting on the bottom layer. Then place second layer on top of frosting. Coat the rest of the cake with remaining Greek yogurt frosting.
- Add berries and powdered sugar (or sugar free powdered sugar) to garnish
- You can make two cakes and place one on top of the other for a layered cake. Be sure to not double ingredients though. Just make two different batches.
Or you can make one batch and slice the one flourless cake in half (carefully) and place frosting between the two thinner layers. Which Is what I did here.
- If you don’t have coconut sugar, brown sugar or raw sugar will work too.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 233mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: flourless cake, yogurt frosting, gluten free desserts, gluten free layer cake, almond flour cake