Baked Eggs with Roasted Spring Vegetables (Sheet Pan Meal)
Baked Eggs with Roasted Spring Vegetables – An easy sheet pan meal for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. Enjoy the harvest of spring veggies with a boost of protein from eggs! This is a gluten-free and vegetarian recipe with paleo and Whole 30 option recipe.
(2 small sheet pans or 1 large)
- 1 large Beet (may substitute with other root vegetable)
- 2 red Potatoes or 1 sweet potato
- 1 bunch radish – sliced (about 1 cup) – Feel free to sub for a seasonal vegetable if radish is not available.
- Pinch of sea salt or kosher Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves crushed or minced
- 1–2 tbsp Olive oil (use more for larger vegetables)
- Lemon (juice plus extra slices to garnish)
- 1 Small Shallot or 1/3 to 1/2 of red onion – sliced
- 1 zucchini
- 1–2 cups leafy Greens such as kale or spinach or both
- Eggland’s Best eggs (5 to 8 depending on size of pan)
- Optional grated Parmesan cheese to top. Omit for paleo/whole 30 option
- Fresh chopped herbs and/or sliced green onion (the green portion) to top before plating.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss root vegetables (sliced or quartered potato, beet, radish) in garlic, 1 tbsp oil, Pinch of sea salt, black pepper, and half of a lemon, juiced. Slice the other half of the lemon and save lemon slices for topping. Arrange sliced onion/shallot around the root vegetables on the pan.
- Place root vegetables and onion/shallot on sheet pan and roast in oven at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes until tender, but not overcooked.
- Remove from oven and place the sliced zucchini and chopped greens (i.e kale leaves) on top of the roasted vegetables and shallot/onion. Season with salt pepper. You may also use spinach.
- With a spatula, create 5 to 6 small crevices in the pan (evenly spaced) where you can place the eggs so the yolk don’t break. Crack the eggs on top of each crevice. If you find you have an egg with a running yolk, just mix it to the pan, but then add another egg that has a set yolk. Or discard the running yolk. Layer sliced lemon around th eggs (optional)
- Sprinkle vegetables and eggs with optional grated parmesan. Place pan in oven for 10-14 minutes or until egg whites have set (yolk will be soft). See notes. Baking times vary with oven and type of skillet used.
- Remove and garnish with herbs of choice or chopped spring green onion (green portion).
- Serve right away or scoop vegetable and eggs in airtight container and store in fridge for later. Keeps well for 2 days in fridge.
- BAKING TIMES FOR EGGS – Depending on your oven and size of eggs, the egg baking times could vary. Check at 8 minutes, 10 minutes, and so on until egg yolks/whites are set.
- For paleo and whole 30 options, omit parmesan
- This meal works well on 2 small sheet pans or one large.
- Category: dinner/brunch
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: brunch, eggs, baked eggs, vegetables, vegetarian, paleo, sheet pan meal, gluten free