Bacon and cheese. Who doesn’t love that combo? This bacon and smoked Gouda dip with chives comes together in no time and is the perfect for an appetizer or snack! But there’s a secret superfood ingredient you might want to add.
- 1/4 cup avocado or cold pressed olive oil
- 3 oz smoked gouda
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta or parmesan
- 2 tbsp shredded carrot (optional) I used a carrot relish
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper
- dash of paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic (minced)
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- 1–2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 oz (about 45 grams) nitrate free bacon
- Optional Add in –> 1 tbsp cooked chopped sausage, or dried beef liver bars to make it more like a pate.
- First chop all your ingredients. Set aside. Soften your cheese or make sure it is at room temp for easy blending.
- Cook your bacon (or use bacon bits) and save a little of the bacon grease. Once cooked, chop both bacon and cheese into smaller pieces.
- Place cheese and chopped meats in a food processor and then slowly add in your oil while mixing. Once blended, add in your chive, seasonings, mustard, and vegetables (if using). Blend again.
- If you want your dip more smooth, add in a tbsp or so of cheese. If you like it more chunky (like above), omit extra cheese.
- Garnish with extra chive.
Tip –> save your bacon grease! it’s great for cooking or sautéing vegetables for another dish. keep it covered in fridge for when you are ready to cook.