Vegan Apple Pie Peanut Butter Mug Cake! A vegan mug cake that taste like dessert! Grain free, gluten free, ready in less than 2 minutes.
- 4 tbsp peanut flour (see notes for alternative)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (fine)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2–3 tsp coconut oil (make sure it’s melted or in liquid form)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- chopped apple (1-2 tbsp)
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp coconut sugar (adjust to your liking)
- 5 tbsp water
- chopped nuts
- cinnamon sugar or maple syrup
- melted peanut butter 2 tsp
- First chop an apple or place in food processor. You only need a little bit so save the rest for another mug cake later.
- Next place all your dry ingredients plus apple in a bowl. You could use the mug you are using but I find that it mixes more evenly in a small bowl first.
- Then place your oil, vinegar, and extract in three different spots on top of the dry mix.
- Pour your water on top and gently stir. You will see a few bubbles.
- Pour this mixture into large mug that has been greased or oiled.
- *Notes: * Since the peanut flour and coconut flour are thick, you will need to press this mixture down into the mug with a spoon or hands, gently.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes depending on your power. Check at 90 seconds if you want to be sure it’s rising.
- Remove from microwave, let it cool a minute.
- Flip over onto a plate.
- Drizzle with a few 2 tsp of melted peanut butter, a 1/2 tbsp chopped nuts, and either a cinnamon sugar or maple syrup.
- feel free to add more apple on top too!
- DIG IN!! Repeat for another. Go for it!
- These keep well in fridge all week and are great for snacks!
If you don’t have peanut flour, try a gluten free flour or a vegan pea protein.
Start off with microwave 90 seconds. Adjust time from there depending on your microwave power.