Easy Almond Flour Loaf Cake with Honey Roasted Figs. Grain free, Paleo friendly.
- 8–10 fresh mission figs sliced in half Roasted with honey first
- 1–2 tbsp melted butter or oil and mix with 1-2 tbsp honey.
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cups fine blanched almond flour
(I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup flax seed (ground)
- 5 eggs and 1 egg white whisked together
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey (extra for topping)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tbsp of clarified butter (melted) or naturally refined Coconut oil.
- optional sprinkle of raw sugar or coconut sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a pan with parchment paper or grease well. Set aside.
- Slice figs in half and Brush honey butter mix on top of sliced figs. Sprinkle with cinnamon and place in oven to roast at 400F for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Next Reduce oven to 350F. Line an 8×4 bread pan with parchment paper at the bottom and grease the sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together your almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and flaxseed meal. Feel free to mix in a pinch of spices (like cinnamon or nutmeg).
- In another small bowl, whisk together your eggs and egg white. Then stir in your honey syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and melted butter or oil (1.5 to 2 tbsp).
- Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients into one bowl. Gently mix or beat together in stand mixer or hand held mixer. Be sure to remove any clumps that might have occurred from the almond flour or coconut flour.
- Pour half the batter into a your greased loaf pan.
- layer half of your honey roasted figs on top. then fill the pan with the rest of the batter. Place remaining figs on top and an extra honey/butter mix left from the pan. Sprinkle with raw sugar and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean . Optional, Cover with foil the remaining 5 minutes to prevent burn. (see notes for altitude baking. Remove from and oven.
- Cool and serve with honey drizzled on top or store in fridge, wrapped in foil.
- My loaf cake took around 35 minutes to bake at altitude.
- Vegan butter or refined coconut oil will also work to substitute real butter if needed.
- Category: dessert/breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond cake, loaf cake, honey, figs, oven roasted, paleo, dairy free, dessert