These almond flour cookies will become your new favorite treat! This healthy cookie recipe is egg free, grain free and refined sugar free!
- 1.25 c blanched fine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey (sugar free syrup works fine)
- 1/4 c creamy no stir nut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 (pinch) of coarse sea salt
- 1/3 c vegan chocolate chips or mix-in of choice. Ex nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate, etc.
- Raw sugar (optional) or baking stevia in the raw to coat dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, maple syrup, and nut butter. Mix with wooden spoon or blend with hand mixer until batter is thick and ingredients are combined.
- Add your sea salt and any other mix-ins of choice. i.e chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
- Scoop out a spoonful (similar size to golf ball) of dough. Roll into a ball then roll each dough ball in pure raw cane sugar or sugar free sugar (if desired).
- Press down with hand or back of flat bottom measuring cup (greased so it won’t stick). Once flatten, repeat the process until you have about 9-10 cookies.
Place in oven on center rack and Bake for 9-12 minutes. Edges will become golden and a little crispy around 11 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before serving.
- Store in airtight container in fridge or room temp for up to a week. Cookie dough batter and/or baked cookies also freezer friendly for up to 6 weeks.
- These cookies are more chewy than crispy if you bake for 9-10 minutes versus 12 -13 minutes. If baking at altitude, they make take closer to 12 minutes and won’t rise as much.
- The dough is very versatile! So feel free to skip the chocolate and replace with any other cookie mix in!
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: almond flour, vegan, cookies, paleo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, dessert, gluten free, egg free